Teenager rescued as fire sweeps through Frayser home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Two adults and a child were rushed to the hospital overnight after being rescued from their burning home.

It happened around 3 a.m. Friday on Millington Road near Creston in Frayser.

When the Memphis Fire Department arrived, smoke was pouring from the building.

Firefighters entered the home and rescued a teenage girl from a second floor bedroom. She was taken to Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital for smoke inhalation.

Two adults who were also in the home sustained minor cuts as they escaped from the house by crawling through a window.

The good news is that all three were alert and awake as they were rushed to the hospital.

Firefighters said the fire started when a floor furnace malfunctioned in the hallway. Fire investigators said the family did not have a working smoke detector in the home.

If you need a smoke detector in your home, click here to fill out the application.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Latest News

More News

Watch Latest Videos

COVID Task Force press conference 9.23.21

IRS announces inflation adjustments for 2021 tax year

Bright Spot: Demoir Book Store

Mississippi voting rights case is argued at US appeals court

Soldier dies during training exercise on Fort Campbell

3 kids shot at Louisville bus stop; more students shot in KS, VA and IL

More News