HELENA -WEST HELENA, Ark. — A homicide investigation is underway after a 73-year-old woman was found dead inside her Arkansas home.
Family identified the woman as Genoria Mosby. Arkansas State Police later confirmed that name.
According to police, an anonymous tip led police to the body outside a house on South 5th Street just after 8 a.m. Wednesday.
- ‘We are Collierville strong.’ Town sets up relief fund for shooting victims
- Public funeral services announced for Collierville shooting victim
- Congress faces packed agenda as Senate Republicans block bill to fund the government
- Woman killed in argument with neighbor who fired gun near children, police say
- Newsfeed Now: GOP senators block government funding bill; Gabby Petito’s family to speak as search for Brian Laundrie continues
Police confirmed the woman was shot and they are investigating the case as a homicide. They were not able to release the victim’s name or any suspect information.
“It appears it’s an apparent ‘targeting’ of this individual or someone that may reside with this victim,” said Police Chief James Smith.
A neighbor said he heard four or five shots overnight.