HELENA -WEST HELENA, Ark. — A homicide investigation is underway after a 73-year-old woman was found dead inside her Arkansas home.
Family identified the woman as Genoria Mosby. Arkansas State Police later confirmed that name.
According to police, an anonymous tip led police to the body outside a house on South 5th Street just after 8 a.m. Wednesday.
- Mid-South Fair closed until further notice
- MPD: One shot to death at Parkway Village store
- Man charged with hate crime after threatening US Olympic athlete training in California park
- 4 dead, 10-month-old found safe after shooting in McMinn County
- Carriage horse collides with vehicle in NYC; incident prompts calls to end rides
Police confirmed the woman was shot and they are investigating the case as a homicide. They were not able to release the victim’s name or any suspect information.
“It appears it’s an apparent ‘targeting’ of this individual or someone that may reside with this victim,” said Police Chief James Smith.
A neighbor said he heard four or five shots overnight.