MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Two people were killed and two others injured following a shooting near the airport, police said.
It happened at the River City Heights Town Homes just off Winchester Road near Prescott around 9:30 p.m. Sunday.
Witnesses said they heard up to 30 gunshots from different weapons and even spotted two people jump out of the second floor window. They continued shooting through the complex.
“It’s crazy,” said one neighbor who found blood on her car hours after the shooting. “We’re right next door and I’ve got kids, so it was crazy.”
A witness who was trying to see where the bullets were coming from said he looked out the window said he saw two men with orange hoodies jump from a second-floor window and run.
When police arrived they found two people dead and two others wounded.
Homicide detectives and crime scene investigators were on the scene for hours trying to figure out what happened.
Authorities have not identified the people killed.
No arrests have been made. If you know anything about this incident, call Crime Stoppers at (901) 528-CASH.
- Vols try to end skid vs. Gators in Heupel’s first taste of one-sided rivalry
- Austin wins second straight AAC honor as Tigers answer mistake with game changing drive in upset win
- US officials defend expulsion of Haitians from Texas town
- Man dead after Frayser shooting Monday night
- Texas doctor who defied state’s new abortion ban is sued