MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Two people were killed and two others injured following a shooting near the airport, police said.
It happened at the River City Heights Town Homes just off Winchester Road near Prescott around 9:30 p.m. Sunday.
Witnesses said they heard up to 30 gunshots from different weapons and even spotted two people jump out of the second floor window. They continued shooting through the complex.
“It’s crazy,” said one neighbor who found blood on her car hours after the shooting. “We’re right next door and I’ve got kids, so it was crazy.”
A witness who was trying to see where the bullets were coming from said he looked out the window said he saw two men with orange hoodies jump from a second-floor window and run.
When police arrived they found two people dead and two others wounded.
Homicide detectives and crime scene investigators were on the scene for hours trying to figure out what happened.
Authorities have not identified the people killed.
No arrests have been made. If you know anything about this incident, call Crime Stoppers at (901) 528-CASH.
- Marion School District students, staff already quarantined going into first full week of school
- Disney will require employees to be fully vaccinated
- Memphis Police searching for man missing since 2019
- Florida Governor Ron DeSantis bars schools from requiring masks
- Cooling center opens in North Memphis as heat wave continues