MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Memphis City Council member Michayln Easter-Thomas is set to host a press conference Monday as the council prepares to consider a name change to a portion of Poplar Avenue.
The planning and zoning committee is scheduled to consider renaming the downtown portion of Poplar between Danny Thomas and Front Street as Black Lives Matter Avenue on Tuesday.
Councilwoman Easter-Thomas’ press conference begins at 3:30 p.m. Monday in the Hall of Mayors at Memphis City Hall. It will be streamed on this post and on WREG’s Facebook page.
- Congress faces packed agenda as Senate Republicans block bill to fund the government
- Woman killed in argument with neighbor who fired gun near children, police say
- Newsfeed Now: GOP senators block government funding bill; Gabby Petito’s family to speak as search for Brian Laundrie continues
- Two arrested, three children removed from Dyersburg home deemed unlivable
- Family pleads with Carle Hospital to keep young, unvaccinated mother on life support