This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A man accused of opening fire at an apartment complex is no longer facing charges.

Glen Miller was named the man responsible for the shooting that injured six people, but two days later, the charges were dropped.

Miller said it all started with a fight that almost caused him to lose his life.

Several people including children stood outside during a huge brawl at Hill View Apartments in South Memphis.

The next day it turned to much more. Miller was visiting his sister when he got out of the car.

“I just seen shots from a gun like boom boom boom boom. It happened so fast. I wasn’t even out of the car 15 seconds,” Miller said.

He was shot four times.  His pregnant sister was also shot and was forced to have an emergency cesarean section giving birth to her now-healthy newborn.

But Miller said it wasn’t looking good for him.

“I was reaching for the ambulance. I was reaching for them letting them know man I don’t feel good I feel like I’m about to die,” Miller said.

And  he did twice, doctors had to resuscitate him and when he woke up he says he was surrounded by detectives and was put in handcuffs.

“I woke up and there was like three or four police officers outside of my door like they were guarding me and I was like, what’s going on? And they were like, well you’re being charged with six counts of aggravated assault and I’m like woah woah woah,” Miller said.

Miller told police he didn’t even have a gun when the shooting happened. He said he knows who did it but doesn’t know why.

Miller’s brother is working to file a lawsuit against the wrongful charge.

Miller hasn’t eaten and can barely walk. It was even tough for him to talk during the interview.

Despite his journey at the hospital he’s just glad he lives to see another day without any charges.

Miller does have a different case he’s fighting in Marshall county. He actually missed his court date which was the day after he was shot.

Miller’s family is working to get that straightened out with lawyers.

Police still have not arrested the person who was actually responsible for that shooting but Miller said several people identified him to police.