NEW YORK — Author Mary Pope Osborne is preparing her million-selling “Magic Tree House” series for a new adventure.
She is teaming with playwright Jenny Laird and the illustrators-sisters Kelly Matthews and Nichole Matthews to adapt her work for graphic novels.
The first release will be an adaptation of the first “Magic Tree House” book, “Dinosaurs Before Dark.” It’s scheduled for May 4. Future editions are to come out every six months.
Random House Books for Young Readers says Osborne’s series has sold more than 140 million copies worldwide since it began in 1992.
Osborne says she hopes her books inspire kids with a love of reading and history.
- Frozen honey: New TikTok trend will likely result in ‘a lot of diarrhea,’ gastroenterologist says
- Majority of NY Assembly would oust Cuomo if he doesn’t quit
- Greenbrier welcomes home Olympic silver medalist Kayle Browning after masterful performance in Tokyo
- MPD: Person ejected from vehicle, killed after crash in southwest Memphis
- AP: Police brass eyed in probe of Black man’s deadly arrest