MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Guests at the Hyatt hotel in east Memphis had some tense moments Friday morning when the sixth floor had to be evacuated because of a fire.
The Memphis Fire Department made the scene at around 4 a.m. Friday morning and brought the fire under control about 30 minutes later.
According to the fire department, the fire started when a wall receptacle malfunctioned near an air-conditioning unit. The fire department says one unit sustained fire, smoke and water damage.
The damage is estimated at $7,500.
The hotel is located off Ridgeway Road and Park Avenue, right next to St. Francis Hospital. The fire department says the hotel has working smoke alarms.
No injuries were reported, and everyone has been allowed back inside.