MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Two women were caught on camera dancing their way into a Hickory Hill beauty shop before grabbing an expensive wig.
The manager wasn’t angry and even said she hopes they get help to be on a better path.
“Some people are really going through hard times,” said Kashina Dudley.
That’s why they’ve offered customers discounts during the pandemic to help. The lace front wig taken can cost up to $600. It seems like a big hit for a business, especially now, but Dudley said she’s more concerned with the circumstances that led them to steal in the first place.
“Everyone that steals, they’re not bad people,” she said. “They just come from a different background.”
Managers said they’ve never seen the women in the store before, so they’re hopeful this will be a situation they will learn from.
“I don’t want them to characterize them as bad people, the ones that do come in here and steal,” said Dudley. “Just pray for those people.”
She did have a message for the women.
“Don’t go through life doing this. There are people out here that can help you and this is not the way,” she said.
They got away in a green Honda Accord. If you can help police identify them, call Crime Stoppers at (901) 528-CASH.
- Senate Republicans hold out on debt ceiling as shutdown looms
- Collierville, TN Kroger shooting kills 1, injures 12; shooter dead
- Jury urged to make R. Kelly pay for his alleged sex crimes
- UPDATE: AMBER Alert issued for missing 7-year-old, 13-year-old canceled
- Top Dems: We have framework to pay for $3.5T bill; no detail