NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Democrat presidential nominee Joe Biden has thrown his support for U.S. Senate candidate Marquita Bradshaw of Memphis.
Bradshaw — the first Black women to secure a statewide nomination in Tennessee — had previously been endorsed by the Democratic Socialists of America, Sen. Bernie Sanders and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.
Bradshaw’s opponent, Republican Bill Hagerty, was endorsed by President Donald Trump last year before the GOP candidate had officially jumped in the race.
The open U.S. Senate seat has become the top political race in Tennessee after GOP Sen. Lamar Alexander announced he would retire at the end of his term.
- Florida Governor Ron DeSantis bars schools from requiring masks
- Cooling center opens in North Memphis as heat wave continues
- Feds sue Texas to block order allowing troopers to stop any vehicle suspected of transporting migrants
- Trying Olympic year ends in disappointment for Simone Manuel
- Michael Che returns to Instagram after sharing ‘tasteless’ Simone Biles jokes on account